Special Women’s Day PosterMarch 6, 2017
National Poetry Month PostersMarch 20, 2017
One reason I love visiting my local library is because of all the fun activities they offer. It’s nice to know that I can go to the library for more then just finding a good book or audiotape. When I think of a good library, I think of community.
Here are a few ideas to help get more people in the community involved in your library:
- Popular book discussion
- This is a great way to talk and share thoughts on a new book that recently launched.
- Celebrate an author’s birthday
- You can celebrate by having readings for children.
- Spelling bee
- Imagine putting on your own spelling bee for the local community. How fun!
- Poetry workshop
- Many people know what poetry is but don’t understand the many different styles of poems.
- Resume assistance
- Job seekers are always looking for ways to improve their chances to stand out in a pile of resumes.
- Story telling
- This is just a reminder of how powerful story telling can be.
- Adult coloring
- More and more adults are getting into the creative and meditation that comes from coloring.
- Finding Dory Party
- Children can listen to stories, play games and make crafts featuring characters.
- Culture hour
- This is a great way to educate on another culture. Read about the culture then make a craft that represents that culture.
- Book hunt
- A fun a way to get children familiar with navigating their way around the library by having them find books of certain topics.
- There are dozens of classes to bring the community together like Spanish classes to drawing classes.
I hope this little fun list helps you with some ideas in getting your community involved in exploring your library.