Preferences: Management: Extras: SAFARI Montage
|SAFARI Montage is an optional feature of Alexandria.
If you are interested in SAFARI Montage integration, contact your COMPanion sales representative at (800) 347-6439 and inquire about obtaining SAFARI Montage product codes.
Once this feature has been activated, SAFARI Montage settings will be available in your Extras preferences.
If you are not licensed for this feature and item records tagged as “safari montage” are discovered during import, they will be blocked and notation will be made to the Transaction Log and the Operation Information summary report.
- COMPanion has seamlessly integrated the SAFARI Montage streaming video service to work with our Alexandria Researcher interface's search results, making their combined functionality simple and easy to use.
- For example, let's say that you've licensed SAFARI Montage services; you would then import the MARC records of SAFARI Montage streaming videos into Alexandria. During import, these records will be tagged as SAFARI Montage and given a default SAFARI Montage medium image. When these records are returned in the results of a Alexandria Researcher search, you will see the SAFARI Montage icon in the upper-left corner of the item image, information about the title, and a link to the streaming video. When the link is clicked, you will be taken to a new window containing the SAFARI Montage streaming video.
- Under the Contact tab, you may fill out contact information for your SAFARI Montage representative.
Preferences and Tools tab
Importing SAFARI Montage Records
- During item import, there is a MARC check for SAFARI Montage records; any that are discovered during import are flagged accordingly. Here's more information on how it works:
- When a file containing MARC records is imported into Alexandria, the 856u field is scanned; if the text string “safari montage” is found, the record is flagged as a SAFARI Montage title.
- Any record flagged as SAFARI Montage that lacks a default cover image will have its image set to the SAFARI Montage default medium image. The image can still be replaced by an operator the same way they are able to replace a patron or item picture.
- An 852u field check is performed automatically every time the item record is accessed. Any title record found containing the “safari montage” text in the 856u field will have a special image overlay in the upper-left corner showing that the item is a SAFARI Montage record when viewed in a Alexandria Researcher interface. This is important to note when replacing the default SAFARI Montage medium images with your own custom images.
- After a SAFARI Montage import file has been identified, two settings will be automatically set on the Import window:
- The Import Titles Only radio box on the item Import Settings tab will be selected.
- The Item Policy drop-down menu will be set to eBook.
Additional Extras Preferences
Notes, Footnotes, and/or References
- Keep in mind, this address is maintained by SAFARI Montage and may be indiscriminately changed on their end at any time. If you find this link broken or out-of-date, please contact COMPanion's Customer Support at (800) 347-4942 or (801) 943-7277 or by