Preferences: Management: Extras: Capstone Interactive
|The Capstone Interactive Library is currently a free feature of Alexandria!
There are no product activation codes or licenses required for you to
- Alexandria proudly partners with Capstone Interactive Library, making it easier than ever before to add interactive eBooks to your library collection. Capstone Interactive Library eBooks provide text highlighting, audio support, smart search options, and educator support.
- Alexandria's integration with Capstone Interactive includes a convenient single sign-on solution; provide your My Capstone Library account credentials (i.e. Username and Password) and you will be automatically forwarded to the Vendor URL and authenticated by Capstone. If you don't yet have a My Capstone Library account, you may contact them to create one.
- Username & Password—Provide your My Capstone Library account username and password here. These are required for the single sign-on solution; used to authenticate your credentials on the Capstone Interactive site. If you don't yet have a My Capstone Library account, you may contact them to create one.
- Under the Contact tab, you may fill out contact information for your Capstone Interactive representative.
Preferences and Tools tab
Capstone Interactive Library Basics
- Although it's not necessary for all to understand, the following sections are for those who want to better understand how Capstone Interactive Library integrates with Alexandria.
- Capstone Interactive Library supplies you with a list of available eBooks in MARC format; once received, these records can then be manually imported into Alexandria. Once imported, these eBooks are searchable from the Search and Scout interface, just like other resources. Capstone Interactive Library title records do not require copies and COMPanion advises against adding any during import to help minimize potential database inaccuracies.
- Capstone Interactive Library eBooks are identifiable by a specific identifier embedded in their MARC record; if the
856tag includes the
http://www.mycapstonelibrary.comURL, Alexandria recognizes it is an Capstone Interactive Library eBook and not any other Capstone resource. Alexandria will examine all MARC records during import to determine whether they are Capstone Interactive Library eBooks.
Capstone Interactive Library in MARC Records
- Since Capstone Interactive Library titles are eBooks and not actual, physical copies, they are initially saved in your database under Alexandria's standard item eBook policy; you can, however, later change this to another policy—although we recommend the eBook policy be left as default. Regardless of the Item Policy, the Maximum Loaned Items in the Patron Policy must be set to something above “
0” in order for any circulation transactions to proceed. Holds, reservations, and renewals are not available (from within Alexandria) for Capstone Interactive Library eBooks.
Capstone Interactive Library Policies
- Capstone Interactive Library eBooks are fully searchable in Alexandria. Patrons only need to search as normal, and voilà, Capstone Interactive Library eBooks appear!
- Capstone Interactive Library resources were designed to stand out and be easily recognizable to patrons in the Alexandria Researcher results interfaces; they are highlighted by graphically dog-eared cover art revealing part of the Capstone Interactive Library logo.
- Here is an example of how a Capstone Interactive Library eBook appears in the Details of Search, Scout, or Explore:
- When Capstone Interactive Library records are shown in Search, or Scout, or Explore search results, they include an embedded link that, when clicked, forward patrons to the book stored on Capstone's online library (web site). In other words, all Capstone Interactive Library eBook transactions are initiated from the Alexandria Researcher interfaces.
- Shortcuts to the Capstone Interactive eBook are shown as blue Click here to view on Capstone or "ONLINE" hyperlinks.
Capstone Interactive Library in Researcher and Scout
- While Capstone Interactive Library eBooks aren't downloadable, they have the advantage of being accessible by multiple simultaneous users with remote access from any location where there's an internet connection. Titles purchased from Capstone Interactive are permanently retained by the library with unlimited, simultaneous, multi-user access.
Viewing Capstone Interactive eBooks
Additional Extras Preferences
Related eBook Topics
Notes, Footnotes, and/or References
- Keep in mind, this address is maintained by Capstone and may be indiscriminately changed on their end at any time. If you find this link broken or out-of-date, please contact COMPanion's Customer Support at (800) 347-4942 or (801) 943-7277 or by